- THE MAGAZINE
Supply Chain Association of Pakistan (SCAP) is organizing ‘The Supply Chain Conference [SCC 2012]’ in Karachi on May 8th & 9th, 2012 at Karachi Marriott Hotel. The conference is co-organized by TerraBiz. This year’s conference theme is ‘Improving Business Productivity through Excellence in End to End Supply Chain Management’.
In a joint statement, Qaysar Alam, President SCAP & Vice President Supply Chain, Unilever Pakistan and Anwaar Nizami, General Secretary SCAP and National Manager Contract Logistics, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Pakistan, said that after organizing the successful conference on Cold Chain in 2011, SCAP is organizing this mega conference, which will be first of its kind with the largest supply chain gathering in Pakistan. They said that SCAP is an established forum of supply chain professionals and keeps engaging people to share knowledge and gain useful insight on the emerging trends and practices.
Khalid Awan, Co-Founder and Chairman TCS Private Limited will give a keynote speech in this conference on May 8th while other speakers line up includes:
- Johan Bergwerff – Managing Director, Sharaf Logistics Group
- Salman Zaheer – Supply Chain Controller, Greater Middle East (GME) Region, TetraPak
- Noman Lutfi – Manufacturing Director, Unilever Pakistan
- Dr. Arif Iqbal Rana – Director, Executive MBA Program (EMBA), Lahore University of Management Sciences
- Salim Azhar – Director Logistics, Administration & Commercial, Indus Motor Company
- Hanif Ajari – Director Supply Chain /Company Secretary, Getz Pharma Pakistan (Pvt) Limited
- Visiting Faculty on Supply Chain Management—IBA
- Sajjad Syed – MD, Excellence Delivered
- Imtiaz Rastgar – Chairman, Rastgar Group
- Abid Butt – CEO, e2e Supply Chain
- Mansur Qazi – CEO, DLI Logistix Pakistan
- Hussain Mithaiwala – General Manager Supply Chain, Tapal Tea (Pvt) Ltd
- Faisal Sadruddin – Head of Supply Chain, L’Oreal Pakistan
- Asad Nihal – CEO, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, Pakistan
TCS Pakistan (Pvt.) Limited is the Industry Patron of this conference while Unilever Pakistan, Sharaf Logistics Pakistan and Razziq Logistics & Supply Chain management have taken the silver sponsorship. Supply Chain Asia is the Strategic Partner, Pakistan Institute of Management is the Academic Partner; CIO Pakistan is Technology Media Partner and The News Tribe is the Online Media Partner of SCC 2012.
Topics of discussion in the conference are Logistics and Sales & Operations Planning; Speed to market through efficient logistics system; Achieving manufacturing excellence through lean manufacturing; Cultural aspects of quality in manufacturing industry; Managing supply chain risk; Maximizing ROI of IT enablement of Supply Chains.