- THE MAGAZINE
- INFO CENTER
NASSTRAC, also known as the National Shippers Strategic Transportation Council, has announced its schedule of regional meetings that will take place in various markets throughout the United States through November 2012.
According to NASSTRAC, the primary goal of these meetings is to provide a local venue where shippers have the opportunity to network with other freight transportation executives, hear perspectives on industry issues, and learn from best practices in transportation and supply chain management.
Each event will feature a networking luncheon followed by a panel of shippers who will discuss opportunities, challenges and issues in freight transportation and supply chain management. “We’ve found that periodically hosting these local meetings is filling a void in the marketplace,” said Brian Everett, NASSTRAC’s executive director. “Transportation executives who have participated have said they find relevant education and networking, which is big part of NASSTRAC’s mission.”
NASSTRAC provides education, advocacy, and provider relations for professionals involved in all modes of transportation.
The regional schedule is:
• Sept. 20 at the FedEx Memphis World Hub in Memphis, Tenn. (includes a tour of the facility).
• Oct. 18 at LifeWay Christian Resources headquarters in downtown Nashville, Tenn.
• Oct. 25 at Hyatt Lodge at McDonald’s campus in Chicago, Ill.
• Oct. 30 at Target Corp. in Minneapolis, Minn.
• Nov. 9 at the Renaissance Long Beach in Long Beach, Calif.