- THE MAGAZINE
Supply Chain Insights, an industry advisory firm specializing in supply chain research, today announces the launch of Supply Chain Insights Community. The first of its kind in the industry, the online community is the go-to location to network, hear peer reviews of technology and consulting services, understand benchmark data, share relevant research, communicate job postings and more. The community also features an Ask an Expert section to enable dialogue with industry leaders and a Supply Chain Wiki to ensure a common understanding of industry terms.
“The supply chain industry is in its third decade of evolution, the processes are still evolving and companies face a talent shortage globally,” said Lora Cecere, CEO of Supply Chain Insights. “It was my goal to provide a community that would allow supply chain professionals everywhere to connect, learn and evolve.”
The global, virtual environment will be available to all supply chain professionals allowing them to learn and grow. It will feature a private group for Chief Supply Chain Officers (CSCO), enabling supply chain leaders to network and share with each other.
In the community, participants will be rewarded with points every time they share knowledge. It includes the following capabilities:
- Ask an Expert: Post inquiries and get answers directly from supply chain leaders.
- Create or Join Discussion Rooms: Discuss the latest trends and find local groups.
- Understand Why Supply Chain Matters: Find the latest research and insights on five years of supply chain financial benchmark data.
- Improve Knowledge: Get in touch with supply chain best practices through wikis, supply chain financial data, blogs, videos and podcasts.
- Make Intelligent Investments: Check in at the community first to see ratings and reviews of technology packages and consulting partners.
- Evolve Career: Hear the straight scoop on industry related educational events with ratings and reviews by supply chain peers.
- Find Supply Chain Jobs and Talent: View and post job opportunities and view salary targets from around the world.
In order to bring the first supply chain community to life, Supply Chain Insights partnered with 7Summits, a social business agency specializing in new concepts, trends and models that impact organizational collaboration and effectiveness.
“In the building of our new B2B social community for supply chain, finding 7Summits was a breath of fresh air. Connecting with a good partner took longer than I wanted, but the wait was worth it as 7Summits proved to be a great collaborator,” said Cecere. “I am proud to see the community launch, on time and in budget, to 4,000 global supply chain leaders today. This would not have happened without a good partnership.”