- THE MAGAZINE
ATA’s Safety Management Council announced its 2012 award winners at its Safety & Human Resources National Conference & Exhibition in Kansas City, Mo. last week.
The ATA President’s Trophy recognizes the three companies whose fleets have been judged to have the best overall safety programs from the Truck & Industrial Safety Contests. These Contests judge motor carriers from across the United States on their safety accomplishments and safety records relative to others within their operation type and size.
The top three ATA President’s Trophy recipients are honored for their superior safety achievements, outstanding commitment to industry-wide safety and extensive promotion of safety among all highway users.
2012 ATA President’s Trophy Sponsored by: Great West Casualty Company
Large fleet winner (over 100 million miles annually)
Bison Transport US, Winnipeg, Canada
Mid-size fleet winner (between 25-100 million miles annually)
Cargo Transporters, Inc., Claremont, N.C.
Small fleet winner (under 25 million miles annually)
CLI Transport, LLC, Claysburg, Pa.
ATA National Driver of the Year Sponsored by: Custard Insurance Adjusters
- Ronald Fuller, Central Freight Lines, Dallas, Tex.
National Safety Director of the Year Sponsored by: Great West Casualty Company
- Bob Petrancosta, Con-way Freight, Ann Arbor, Mich.
National Safety Professional Award of Excellence Sponsored by: Meritor WABCO
- James Ransom, CDS, Director of Safety, Boyd Brothers Transportation, Inc., Clayton, Ala.
- David Guess, CDS, Usher Transport, Louisville, Ky.
- Tom DiSalvi, CDS, Schneider National Carriers, Green Bay, Wis.
Excellence in Safety Sponsored by: Great West Casualty Company
- Tennessee Trucking Association
Excellence in Human Resource Management Sponsored by: eScreen
- Covenant Transport, Chattanooga, Tenn.