- THE MAGAZINE
Accellos, a provider of supply chain execution software solutions, announced, at Microsoft Dynamics Convergence 2014, the release of AccellosOne Warehouse Management System (WMS) version 6.5 which is built on Accellos’ unifying technology platform, the AccellosOne Platform version 3.0. This cloud-ready WMS boasts an all-new configuration mechanism that leverages Microsoft’s powerful Workflow Foundation, enabling partners and customers to analyze and modify business processes without writing code or using proprietary scripting languages.
“Our vision for a flexible and configurable unifying technology platform has become reality with the release of AccellosOne WMS 6.5 and AccellosOne Platform 3.0,” said Chief Technology Officer Ross Elliot. “Supply chain business processes require maximum flexibility and the ability for users to enhance processes as part of new distribution strategies or continuous improvement initiatives. The new workflow capability available in the WMS brings this level of process flexibility to our customers. In addition to the new workflow capability, this release also brings one-click software updates and a robust e-Learning framework.”
Some of the highlights of AccellosOne WMS 6.5 include:
- Advanced Workflow Engine – Workflows enable the customer to customize the functionality of the WMS and the handheld without writing code or using proprietary scripting languages.
- Advanced Event Engine – Leverages the system to generate emails and information on behalf of your employees. Real-time information like new orders, receipts, bills, or customers that meet user defined criteria can generate emails, text messages, workflows, database updates or custom actions.
- Subject Workcenters – New Workcenters designed to simplify research related to customer, vendor and products
- Functional Enhancements:
- Improved delivery and load building
- Enhanced container management
- Extensions to the directed move manager
- New scheduled task management system
- Improved Advance Replenishment functionality
- Extensible Performance Reporting – With AccellosOne Report, you get user-definable performance reports.
- Enhanced Supply Chain Intelligence – Drive better decision making with more access to KPIs, new pivot table capabilities, including a tablet app to mobilize your information.
- Dynamic Quality Inspection – Customizable with questionnaires, pass/fail criteria and conditional activities to ensure your quality inspection process is solid. The tablet app can be leveraged to execute inspections and record photos.
- Integrated Document Imaging with OCR Support – Designed to save time by using form templates to scan key information from a printed page and associate it with info stored in the WMS.
- Powerful Multi-Carrier Shipping – Designed to save time and money through rate shopping with multiple carriers integrated to your outbound order fulfilment. The inline shipping functionality and exception shipping done from the shipping station are streamlined in this release.
- Extensible Activity Billing – 3PLs can now bill on a space and services rendered basis.
- Integrated ASN Manager – Visibility, access and edit capability to ensure that your ASN payload that is sent out is accurate and compliant with the requirements of the trading partner.
- Cloud eLearning - Cloud delivered tutorials and help videos incorporated into AccellosOne WMS 6.5.
- Integrated Asset Discovery – The public in general has become accustomed to downloading software updates and new content from the cloud with smart phone and app store models. The WMS 6.5 release can bring delivery simplicity to enterprise supply chain applications. Both software updates and content enhancements, such as new key performance indicators, reports and label designs are all made available through the cloud in a fashion familiar to any user of a smartphone or tablet.
- Extensible UDF Framework – Allows the IT organization to ad new information to the underlying data structure.
- Ruggedized Handheld Design Tools – Allows handheld users to have the same degree of configurability that the desktop user has.
- Cloud–Ready Label Print Manager – Can provides a secure, high-performance means of printing things like bar code compliance labels on premise while the services run in the cloud.
These are some new features of AccellosOne Platform 3.0:
• New Configuration Mechanism - Leverages Microsoft’s Workflow Foundation to allow customers and partners to analyze and modify business processes or introduce new ones.
• Rich User Management - Thanks to deeper integration with Microsoft’s Active Directory.
• More Flexible Configurability of the User Experience - Additional options in the Workcenter layout tools.
• Improvements to the User Defined Field Framework - Calculated and data driven UDFs allow the IT organization to seamlessly add new information to the tables.
• Fully Embedded eLearning Experience – Easier access to video tutorials including historical tracking allows customers to analyze the capabilities of their employees individually or by group.
Accellos solutions built on AccellosOne Platform 3.0 include:
• AccellosOne Warehouse Management System for 3PL
• AccellosOne Warehouse Management System
• AccellosOne Transport
• AccellosOne EDI
Available modules built on AccellosOne Platform 3.0:
• AccellosOne Data Services – Providing the tools to centrally manage your information
• AccellosOne Image – Managing your business documents
• AccellosOne Inspection – Improving quality through inspection
• AccellosOne Optimize – Decreasing overall freight spend
• AccellosOne Pulse – Driving decision making with business intelligence
• AccellosOne Report – User-definable performance reporting
• AccellosOne Schedule – Managing your appointments
• AccellosOne Screen Designer – Configuring handheld presentation
• AccellosOne Ship – Integrated multi-carrier shipping system
• AccellosOne SkyTrack – Enabling mobile information transfer for transport