Navis, the global technology standard for managing the movement of cargo through terminals, announced at Intermodal South America the next release of its industry-leading terminal operating system (TOS), N4 2.6. Building upon previous versions of the technology, N4 2.6 offers the latest innovations to help customers optimize operations, improve efficiency and productivity and cut costs. Key enhancements available in N4 2.6 include improved rail functionality, refreshed planning and control UI, robust system management and administration capabilities, tools to ease N4 migrations and improvements to EDI and gate functionality.
“We view each version of N4 as an opportunity to expand on what has worked, and introduce new functionality that will help customers resolve operational pain points as the market continues to evolve,” said Scott Holland, vice president, product management at Navis. “Our goal with N4 2.6 is to drive improvements in critical areas such as rail functionality, ease of use, management and administration and support for migrations with enhanced EDI and gate functionality. We are committed to the ongoing improvement of N4 and will continue to collaborate with our customers to influence future versions of the TOS.”
N4 2.6 includes new features and enhancements, including the following:
• Improved Rail Functionality: N4 2.6 supports multiple RMGs spanning multiple tracks for decoupled truck operations.
• Refreshed Planning & Control UI: The latest TOS includes a refreshed UI for planning and control functions.
• Streamlined IT Infrastructure Management & Administration Functionality: N4 2.6 helps support scalability efforts that save time and improve labor management for terminals.
• Enhanced Tools to Ease N4 Migration: ECN4 in N4 2.6 now supports by both broadband and narrow-band networks.
• Enhanced EDI & Gate Functionality: The latest TOS also includes continuous improvements in EDI and gate functionality.
Navis is showcasing N4 2.6 at stand number B-76 at Intermodal South America 2014, April 1-3 in Brazil. The company will also be available at the 2014 TOC CSC Asia, taking place April 8-9 in Singapore.
N4 is Navis’ latest generation TOS, allowing customers the flexibility and scalability needed to run their operations - from a single terminal to multiple terminals spanning numerous geographic locations managed from one central location.