- THE MAGAZINE
Women in Manufacturing (WiM), a national organization dedicated to the attraction, retention and advancement of women in the manufacturing sector, announced the election of 12 members to the group’s inaugural Board of Directors.
“I could not be more pleased to welcome this outstanding group of women leaders in the manufacturing sector to our inaugural WiM Board,” said Allison Grealis, president of WiM. “Now, more than ever, the American manufacturing sector needs strong and creative leadership to overcome obstacles and continue on the path toward growth and prosperity. With the help of our newly constituted board, we will continue to demonstrate that not only are women good for manufacturing, but manufacturing is good for women.”
The members of the newly elected board include:
• Karla Aaron, president, Hialeah Metal Spinning Inc., Hialeah, FL
• Krista Brookman, vice president, Catalyst, Milwaukee, WI
• Elizabeth Engels, independent consultant, ACER Consultants, Timken (retired), Canton, OH
• Lisa Habe, president & chairman of the board, Interlake Industries Inc., Willoughby, OH
• Kellie Johnson, president, Ace Clearwater Enterprises, Torrance, CA
• Sheila LaMothe, manager, Marketing & Public Relations North America, TRUMPF Inc., Farmington, CT
• Una Lauricia, senior intellectual property attorney, Eaton Corporation, Cleveland, OH
• Doneen McDowell, plant manager at Detroit Hamtramck Assembly & Brownstown Battery Assembly, General Motors, Detroit, MI
• Diana Perreiah, president, Building and Construction Systems - North America, Alcoa, Atlanta, GA
• Shontra Powell, VP Global Client Solutions, Johnson Controls Inc., Milwaukee, WI
• Catherine Werner, environmental, health and safety leader, General Electric, Louisville, KY
• Gretchen Zierick, president, Zierick Manufacturing Corporation, Mt. Kisco, NY
“I look forward to working with these women as we continue to grow WiM’s community and campus chapters across the country, and to enhance the member benefits we offer to corporations, industry professionals and students,” concluded Grealis.
The new WiM Board will convenes on August 20, 2014. Board member bios are available at www.womeninmanufacturing.org/about/board.