- THE MAGAZINE
More and more companies are embracing social media because the benefits are undeniable. The Transportation Marketing and Sales Association (TMSA) employs social media to reinforce networking between member companies and personnel. Here are five social media benefits two TMSA members identified as having the most impact on their company.
1. Engagement — “Blogs engage people who are interested in a specific topic,” said Natalie Lane, Senior Manager for Marketing and Brand Development at BlueGrace Logistics. “We consistently populate our blog with current and relevant topics and now we’re listed on the Top 100 Elite Resources for Logistics. Being listed as a ‘go to’ resource is a testament to the level of engagement we have with our customers.”
2. Culture — “Our social media efforts reflect our company culture,” said Eric Chambers, Senior Vice President for Franchise Development, also with BlueGrace Logistics. “This makes us stronger as a company and it allows us to see if future candidates would fit into our unique environment.”
3. Relationships — “Mostly everyone is engaged through some form of social networking today and it’s important that you build relationships on those platforms,” Lane added. “This is a chance for companies to bond with their target audiences and create an interactive two-way conversation.”
4. Communication — “Social media gives everyone a voice to be heard and the ability to communicate any message to hundreds and possibly thousands of people at a time,” Chambers said. “When followers share information and it goes viral, it increases not only mindshare and visibility, but also brand equity.”
5. Unlimited Potential — “Someone tweeted our CEO, Bobby Harris, in the middle of the night inquiring about potential career opportunities,” Lane said. “He’s now an employee because he wasn’t only a great candidate, but he fit our culture and found an ‘outside the box’ method to solve a challenge.”
Social media enhances market visibility for the transportation and logistics industries, not to mention increased conversations and thought sharing within the industry. How has social media benefited your business?