- THE MAGAZINE
Partner Blogs are presented within World Trade 100’s online blog space, where visitors can read opinions and analysis about logistics and supply chain issues. Partner Blogs are a great way to get your editorial message to a wide audience of senior level and management subscribers for free. When compared to other editorial formats, blogs are less demanding, allow for opinion, and are significantly shorter.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Associate Editor, Josh Foster, by email at email@example.com.
Below are some general guidelines concerning Partner Blogs.
What we expect from our Partners:
- Partners should present an objective/informational point of view, not a promotional message. They can refer to products and case studies, but this is not an advertisement.
- We prefer original content, but if a Partner wants to repurpose or revise something that has appeared only on their corporate site, contact WT100.
- We require an exclusive blog post for World Trade 100’s website. Feel free to link to the WT100 blog post from your corporate site or in social media.
- Word count is typically between 200 and 400 words. Do not exceed 500 words – blogs tend to be short and easy to digest.
- Strive to keep the blog entry engaging and feel free to use opinion and analysis, but please avoid rhetoric. Politics are not off limits (good discussions are always embraced), but try to use common reason. WT100 reserves the right to decline a post or propose revisions if it exceeds these guidelines.
- Blogs need to be industry related.
- Please include the author’s name, title, a very short bio (one or two sentences) and company contact information.
What our Partners can expect from us:
- WT100 reserves the right to decline a post or propose revisions if it exceeds these guidelines.
- We may do some editing, usually for grammar purposes. In Partner Blogs, our readers want to hear other expert opinions; we will strive to retain your voice. If major editing is required, the Partner Blog may be returned for review.
- If accepted, there are no time guarantees for posting a blog (see FAQs, items 1 and 2).
- We will notify Partners when it is posted and they can link to it in social media or from the corporate website.
- We may use a Partner Blog in other formats and promote it through other media, including newsletters, iPad/eBook editions, print, social media, etc.
If your question is not answered in the Guidelines above or the FAQs below, please email Associate Editor Josh Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After submission, when will my blog be posted?
World Trade 100 editorial staff will post Partner Blogs regularly based on editorial needs and timeliness and availability of appropriate topics.
Why was my Partner Blog rejected?
Most Partner Blogs that are not used contain promotional or commercial messages rather than objective, industry-related content.
What are the costs to running a Partner Blog?
Nothing; Partner Blogs are an editorial product and are handled separately from WT100’s integrated media tools, which are highlighted in our Integrated Media Planner.
What if I want my blog to post at a specific time or date?
If a proposed Partner Blog has a timeframe you want WT100 to consider, please contact the editorial staff at least two weeks before the target posting date.
Can I embargo a blog posting like I can press releases?
Yes. It is not unusual for a company to embargo a blog posting until certain company news is released. If you have a specific time-frame you want a blog posted, see the previous entry (FAQ #2).
Do Partners need to commit for a certain amount of time, or can they just submit whenever they can?
There are no time commitments. Partners are free to submit as little or often as they want.
Are there a required number of blogs we need to submit?
There is no minimum or maximum on blog postings. Partners can send along a single blog post or multiple, at any time. Each will be considered along with appropriate timing for the Partner Blogs that are posted.
Can multiple authors from the same organization submit blog postings?
Yes! We also encourage Point vs. Counter-Point discussions.
Do you typically have the Partners run a topic by you first or do they just send you pieces?
Both approaches are acceptable. Assuming the topics are industry related, Partners can send World Trade 100 a proposed Partner Blog for review and possible inclusion on the WT100 site.
How closely do Partners need to follow the Editorial Calendar when considering blog topics?
Topics do not have to revolve around what the magazine is discussing in print (though they can); they can be completely independent (and often are).
I know another company that would be interested – can I tell them about Partner Blogs?
The more the merrier! Direct them to the url at the top of this page or give them Associate Editor Josh Foster’s email, email@example.com.
Once a blog is posted, can I update or remove it?
Yes. To do either, contact Associate Editor Josh Foster by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.