- THE MAGAZINE
Supply Chain Management Best Practices, 2nd Edition
This new edition shows you how to build supply chains that work by illustrating how leading companies are doing it. Identifying world-class supply chains in more than a dozen different industries and explaining in detail how these companies got to where they are, this essential book reveals the proven strategies, solutions, and performance metrics used by leading companies to design their extended enterprises.
- Identifies proven strategies, solutions, and performance metrics for supply chain management best practice benchmarks
- Shows how to manage supply chains in a global marketplace and how to choose third-party providers
- New edition includes new chapters on green supply chains and lean supply chains, and expanded analysis of emerging technologies
- Includes coverage of supply chain metrics, planning and forecasting, procurement, manufacturing, transportation, globalization, customer service, collaboration, security, and workforce management
- Written by the Editorial Director of Penton Media's Supply Chain Group and a Contributing Editor to IndustryWeek magazine
It also offers guidance on the latest technology, green supply chains, going lean, how to choose third-party logistics providers, and how to manage the supply chain in a global environment.
One of the fastest growing corporate positions is that of global trade compliance manager. This position used to be an insignificant factor in most corporations, but the events surrounding 9/11 changed that forever. Compliance became a household word in businesses involved in importing and exporting. Unfortunately, when corporations begin setting up initiatives to become compliant, they often have to seek the support of outside counsel, consultants, and specialists, because there is no single resource that allows them to accomplish this work independently.
Compliance in Today's Global Supply Chain is the definitive resource for the executive engaged in global supply chains seeking compliance with government regulations. It provides a step-by-step blueprint for developing a compliance program and making it cost-effective within a corporation’s supply chain operation. Offering the perspective of one the nation’s most respected and informed experts on global supply chains, it defines emerging regulations that impact global trade. Emphasizing the importance of training programs and continuing education, it also shows how to educate senior management to ensure and maintain success and includes a list of resources to keep up with the changing import/export landscape.
Providing the company and the manager responsible for supply chain compliance with the necessary tools to initiate all the steps to secure a corporate compliance program in their global supply chain, Compliance in Today's Global Supply Chain is destined to be the "resident bible" for current and future managers of global supply chains