- THE MAGAZINE
- INFO CENTER
- Discusses the rationale for change and its impact on the behavior of manufacturing
- Explores how to conceptualize and manage changes due to switching to a closed loop supply chain
- Demonstrates the how’s and whys of handling the impact of legislation changes
- Supplies specific examples, useful statistics, and case studies that demonstrate how different industries have successfully implemented closed loop supply chains
Closed-loop supply chain activities such as remanufacturing, recycling, dismantling for spare parts, and reverse logistics have helped many companies tap into new revenue streams by finding secondary markets for their products, all while reducing their overall carbon footprint. A comprehensive yet concise presentation of closed-loop supply chain processes, Closed-Loop Supply Chains: New Developments to Improve the Sustainability of Business Practices investigates the state of the art in this rapidly growing and environmentally significant field.
Written by academic experts, in language that is accessible to practitioners, this reader-friendly reference examines recent research and case studies of companies running profitable reuse/remanufacture/recycling operations in various industries. It illustrates profitable practices in returned and recovered products, and clearly explains how to: design a reverse logistics network, conduct production planning, implement effective marketing strategies for recovered products, and apply closed-loop supply chain strategies in other industries besides manufacturing.
From product development to materials to assembly and profitability, this authoritative resource illustrates the impact of these processes across all aspects of the supply chain. It provides a business perspective of how to properly implement these processes in your company to achieve profitable and sustainable operations in a more environmentally friendly manner. It also:
- Investigates strategic decisions companies face in regard to the secondary market for their products, including opportunity costs
- Examines tactical issues firms will face once the decision to remanufacture has been made, including how to market remanufactured products
- Explains how to conceptualize and manage changes due to switching to a closed-loop supply chain
- Demonstrates how to handle changing legislation
- Designed for ease of reference, each chapter covers a specific topic—in a completely self-contained manner—allowing readers to quickly and easily reference the chapters of particular relevance to their industry and situation.